So the first of our girls made their 1st Communion. It was so beautiful and of course wonderful to have Hilda and Larry here for Mattie's big day. We went to the service which was lovely and Mattie got to do the first reading from the Old Testament. She naturally had it memorized. She read it to me to practice and all I remember is that it is from the Book of Genesis and had the name Melchizadech in it. I'm sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway, she has a memory like a herd of elephants!
Hilda and Mattie!
Mattie and her sisters! Greta doesn't understand that when we say "say cheese" she's supposed to smile, not just say "cheese"
Mattie and Father Bob who gave her her 1st Communion
After the service we all went eat at our favorite restaurant here. It is kid friendly and the waitresses also will watch the little ones for us!
The first thing Hilda ordered was the wine!
I just really like this photo. We haven't done too much touring around Phnom Penh as it's been pretty hot, but we'll head to Siem Reap on Thursday for our big trip. Hilda has to wear a blindfold the entire way (it's a 5 hour trip) as the drivers here freak her out a bit!


No comments:
Post a Comment