Ok, the plane trip wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. We only had one major glitch and that was pertaining to the dog. The airline wouldn't transfer the dog to another airline so we had to go and pick up Vesta, our German Shepherd, in LA and then re-check her with EVA Airlines. So I went and picked her up and Shawn stayed at the gate area with all four kids and all our carry-ons. This included a double stroller (GO BOB), 2 pull-bags, 2 packpacks, and 4 little carry-ons for the each of the girls. So, I get downstairs, walk Vesta, then head to EVA to re-check Vesta in so I can get back inside to help Shawn. They tell me at EVA that they won't accept the dog until 1 hour before we leave, so this would have put me on one side of security and Shawn and the girls on the other side for the next 4 hours. I called Shawn to tell him that he needed to load up all four kids...who were now asleep on the floor as it was 1am our time...and get outside to meet me. After a little discussion of how he was supposed to get all the kids and all our junk outside, and how there was really no other way to do it, my phone started beeping letting me know the battery was about to die so I just yelled figure it out and meet me outside and then click. About 20 minutes later Shawn came walking down with Greta in the Baby Bjorn, carrying Mattie, a backpack on his back, Phoebe asleep in the stroller with all the carry-ons and Emma pulling her bag and Mattie's bag. I took a picture and will post it on here. Hopefully it'll be clear as he was on the other side of the glass. Anyway, all was well and we were all together. I have to run now but more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment